Forum Login

Featured Events

» More

Featured Members

After diving head first into her acting career, Madoka stays fit with yoga while leveraging new talents.
Read more on the YH Team Blog

Blogs

YogaHub Newsletter

» Current Issue
» Newsletter Archive
Old 10-12-2011, 08:04 PM ltaylor is offline     #1

Can I do yoga while I am pregnant?

Is this a good idea to take yoga class now that I'm expecting?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:03 PM sara is offline     #2

Re: Can I do yoga while I am pregnant?

There are many expectant mothers who have found that an adjusted yoga practice has helped them to maintain a healthy body throughout their pregnancy and into their delivery. Many yoga studios offer prenatal yoga classes for each stage of the pregnancy.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:16 AM JessyWilliam is offline     #3

Yoga can be very beneficial for pregnant women. It helps you breathe and relax, which in turn can help you adjust to the physical demands of pregnancy, labor, birth, and motherhood. It calms both mind and body, providing the physical and emotional stress relief your body needs throughout the experience of pregnancy. Taking a prenatal yoga class is also a great way to meet other moms-to-be and embark on this journey together.

yoga teacher training
Old 02-21-2012, 06:09 AM Culver is offline     #4

Hi ltaylor,
Yes you can do yoga in pregnancy also as yoga relief stress, brings flexibility in your
body and helps in breathing better. Yoga increased your strength and relief pain.
san antonio gyms

Last edited by Culver; 02-25-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:37 AM Crook is offline     #5

Yes you can do this.But a special exercise(Yoga)is recommended in this condition in which a too much physical exertion is not required.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:11 AM Flooreyoga is offline     #6

When I first became pregnant my doctor recommended that I do prenatal yoga as well. I was told that it helps keep you flexible and makes the birthing process easier (just like LJ mentioned). He did stress that I only do yoga that was specifically designed for pregnant women.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 PM reshmita is offline     #7

Yes, Yoga Therapy can do world of good to all but it's mandatory to take expert's advice before trying anything. Some yoga poses are not recommended for pregnant women. However, you can practice pranayama but make sure that it's suitable for your condition. Know your issues and know which pranayama or asana you need to actually practice.

Tags
class, pregnant, yoga